December 20, 2011 § Leave a comment
Written By: Casey Schaak
With the ringing in of a new year comes reflection on the past year’s accomplishments within public relations, marketing communications, investor relations, events and beyond. While each month comes with its fair share of ups and downs, I’d like to highlight the top 11 Vollrath Associates moments of 2011:
- Winning Awards. Vollrath Associates won an Award of Excellence in the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Paragon Awards competition for the U.S. Bank Milwaukee Air & Water Show PR Program.
- Welcoming New Clients. We are excited and honored to have McCloud Services, BizStarts Milwaukee and SPSI as our newest clients in 2011.
- Adding to the Team. Within the past year I was lucky enough to join the VA team, starting in February as assistant account executive, and we also welcomed Liz Grams as account coordinator in June.
- Celebrating Promotions. In October, Jessica’s hard work and dedication paid off when she was promoted to vice president.
- Working with Enthusiastic Interns. Laura Horan, Jon Mattrisch, Whitney Sleiter, Julie Caan and Maura Phares each spent a semester or summer gaining hands-on experience in our PR agency and devoting much appreciated time and effort towards our various projects and activities.
- Keeping Busy with Events. The Milwaukee Air and Water Show and Festa Italiana were two of the exciting events we took part in over the summer. We met some great people, tried some delicious food and watched dozens of planes fly through the air, all while helping promote awareness of these events throughout Milwaukee and surrounding areas.
- Bringing Hollywood to Milwaukee. This fall, the VA team, in conjunction with Marcus Theatres, assisted famous film director Penelope Spheeris (Wayne’s World) and actor Matthew Felker (Brookfield-native) in debuting their comedy “Balls to the Wall” in the Milwaukee area.
- Spicing Up our Social Media. With Bastille Days right outside our window, we took the opportunity to have a “Where in the world is Phil?” contest on Facebook. Those who guessed his location were put into a drawing and one lucky winner won tickets to Festa Italiana. Phil did a great job hiding!
- Spreading our Knowledge. Phil taught classes during both spring and fall semesters at Marquette University, Marilyn and Jessica presented on investor relations for a class at the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, and Liz and I hosted a group of 10 from the UWM PRSSA chapter. It’s rewarding to get to know students in the area and share our PR knowledge and experiences with them.
- Popping Up in the News. Phil provided his insights on persona-based marketing in the BizTimes Milwaukee’s Marketing PR last February. While we are usually pitching our clients’ latest happenings, it’s always nice to see one of our own in the news as well!
- Sharing Every Day Successes. From press releases to earnings conference calls, research to writing, newsletters to social media and beyond, each day we experience our own accomplishments and share in the successes of our team and those of our clients.
As you can see, it’s been a busy and exciting year for Vollrath Associates and we look forward to what’s ahead for us in 2012! Thank you to all of our clients who continue on this journey with us!